A national newspaper columnist has criticised Britain’s increasingly secular society which “seems indifferent” to almost 200,000 abortions every year but “can’t find room for faith schools”.
Controversial plans to assign a named person to every child in Scotland should be reconsidered as precious resources will be diverted from the most at-risk children, according to a candidate for the Scottish Labour leadership.
MSPs have launched an inquiry into end-of-life care provision in Scotland, after the issue was highlighted during debates on legalising assisted suicide.
- Police: ‘Named Person scheme could miss vulnerable kids’ (3 July 2015)
- Care not killing for those in need, say Peers (3 July 2015)
- ‘Absolute outrage’: £100K spent on named person PR (3 July 2015)
- Mum slams disability abortions after son turns 14 (3 July 2015)
- Named Person consultation reveals widespread concerns (2 July 2015)